Civil mediation services (other than family/divorce mediation services) are billed at the rate of $350/hour, subject to certain minimums and late cancellation/postponement
Local (provided at our Tampa Office or within 1 hour’s travel time, each way (e.g., Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco Counties – and select areas in Polk and Manatee Counties, FL))
No Charge For Travel Time
- Half-Day (4 hrs) Reserved (must start not later than 9:30 AM or not earlier than 1:00PM)
- $700.00 (2-hr) Minimum; $350.00/hour thereafter
- $700.00 Late Cancellation/Postponement (on less than seven calendar days’ notice)
- Full Day Reserved
- $1,400.00 (4-hr) Minimum; $350.00/hour thereafter
- $1,400.00 Late Cancellation/Postponement (on less than seven calendar days’ notice
Non-Local (provided outside the Local area, described above)
No Charge For Travel Time, but overnight hotel, mileage, and similar travel expenses are charged at actual cost.
- Full Day Reserved
- $2,100.00 (6-hr) Minimum; $350.00/hour thereafter
- $2,100.00 Late Cancellation/Postponement (on less than seven calendar days’ notice)
* Fees as stated apply unless court order, agency order, or published panel/roster rates dictate different rate, in which case that rate governs.
Additional Fees: Included in the above fees is up to 15 minutes (per side) of standard pre-mediation communication. Review of materials or conversation in excess of 15 minutes will be billed to the side requesting at the rate of $350/hour (charged in increments of 1/10th of an hour) with those fees to be added to that side’s bill to be paid at the end of mediation.
THE “FINE PRINT”
RESPONSIBILITY OF ATTORNEYS Notwithstanding the fact that counsel is acting as agent for a disclosed principal, the attorney’s client: the mediator is setting aside time to mediate this dispute without requiring prepayment of fees in consideration of each party’s attorney, if any, agreement also to be responsible for timely delivery of that party’s fees.
PAYMENT TERMS Unless alternate arrangements are made at least seven calendar days prior to mediation, payment of the mediator’s fees is due and shall be paid at the conclusion of the mediation conference. Checks and Credit Cards (American Express, Master Card, VISA, and Discover) are accepted.
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT POLICY **Notice of cancellation/postponement of a scheduled mediation conference must be received at least 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled commencement of the mediation conference. Absent such timely notification, the parties will be billed their pro rata shares of the cancellation/postponement fees as stated above at the top of this document, as well as each party’s pro rata share of travel expenses already incurred, e.g., airline change fees or penalties as a result of any pre-pays and/or deposits for the engagement.